Old March 27th 08, 09:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Car rental return location with easy London, St Pancras transfer?

In message
, at
02:29:18 on Thu, 27 Mar 2008, remarked:
However - the Avis depot at Ebbsfleet is open on Sundays.... That
might be the option to go for. Unless you are very familiar with
driving in central London, I would strongly suggest you should use the
M25

The problem is that he may already have his Eurostar ticket from
StPancras. Not many trains stop at Ebbsfleet, and by all accounts it's
very difficult to find from the motorway.

Although I'm not recommending it as part of this particular trip,
driving from the Cookham area to St Pancras is possibly the easiest
"follow your nose" journey there is. Head for the M40 then keep going
straight ahead. On a Sunday afternoon there shouldn't even be any
traffic problems.