Old November 17th 03, 07:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Matthew P Jones Matthew P Jones is offline

Default Where's Edgware Rd Bakerloo Station?!

This morning I was on a northbound Bakerloo train coming into
Paddington. There was an announcement over the P A along the lines of
"at the request of the police this train will not stop at Edgware Road".
This announcement was repeated a few times, including when we were
stationery at Paddington.

I have to assume the driver made the announcement, it sounded very
different from the automated announcements of station names. Now, if you
have not spotted the confusion, the train had already stopped at Edgware
Road before it got to Paddington. It is rather worrying that the driver
did not know where they were, or are, or where they were going or where
they had already stopped!
--
Matthew P Jones - www.amersham.org.uk
My view of the Metropolitan Line www.metroland.org.uk - actually I like it