Old March 27th 08, 04:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london
MrTraffic MrTraffic is offline

Default Jamspy - traffic jams plotted on a map..

On Mar 27, 3:31*pm, Roland Perry wrote:
In message
, at
06:42:58 on Thu, 27 Mar 2008, MrTraffic
remarked:

I'd be interested to hear any useful feedback or comments on the
sites' useability and features.

A couple of quick things:

The traffic jams don't differentiate between direction on the road. Jams
are often uni-directional, especially on motorways.

"ROADWORKS CAUSE: unknown" could just as well be omitted.

The site seems to mix up Jams and Roadworks. Several of the "Jams" are
not real-time incidents, but long-term temporary traffic lights,
diversions etc.

This may be a problem with the feed you are getting (I was looking at
doing a similar project about 12 years ago as was a bit frustrated that
the AA's (I think it was) so-called traffic "news" was full of things
like "The M1 has roadworks at Junction 10 until September 2009".

All good points. I'll take those on board and see if I can improve
things a bit. The raw data is from the BBC so it's usually quite up to
date but I'm not sure I get consistant 'direction' information. I'll
have a look.

Fair point on the roadworks Vs jams. I need to filter that better
perhaps.

Thanks for replying.