Old March 27th 08, 05:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,uk.rec.subterranea
[email protected] spam_all_you_want@yahoo.com is offline

Default Crossing London tube tracks

On 27 Mar, 18:09, Graeme Wall wrote:

What is the recommended method of crossing tracks in these situations?

Don't.

So, your recommendation would be to remain on the platform and be
assaulted? I'm sure the death-rate for crossing tracks is not
negligible, but surely it is not as high as the death-rate from being
stabbed in the chest?

There seem to be a variable number of rails making up the tracks,
usually about 5. *Which of these are 'live'?

There are 4 rails, all carry electrical currents at different potentials.

So just avoid all of them then? Thanks for the info. Could be
especially useful if the assailants attempt to give chase and are
unaware of what will happen to them if they tread on the rails.

What is the safe distance from a live rail? *

The platform.

I live near a tube track and have, over the years, seen thousands of
workmen cross the tracks (as well as a few drunk teenagers). They all
survived, so your statement that it is impossible to get near a track
safely is untrue.