Old November 17th 03, 07:59 PM posted to uk.politics.misc,uk.transport,uk.transport.london
Oliver Keating Oliver Keating is offline

Default The effects of a road congestion tax

"Dan Holdsworth" wrote in message
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 17:28:28 -0000, Oliver Keating

was popularly supposed to have said:

LOL

Rural bus services are under threat because no one uses them, and those

that
do are probably recieving about £10 subsidy per journey.

A congestion charge would help more marginal public transport systems pay
for themselves, and the business about train overcrowding can be solved

by
allowing companies to charge higher fares on the basis that it must be

used
to improve the service - which has a 2 fold benefit of an immediate
reduction in demand (due to higher prices) and long term improvement in
capacity.

Another golden oldie from Captain Clueless himself!

So, you price the car drivers off the road. Then the ex-car drivers get

stung
a second time because the busses and trains can't cope, and the operators

cannot
raise the millions needed to build more tracks.

Guess who cops the blame?

You probably didn't guess correctly, but the answer is: the politicians

who
implemented the hare-brained plan in the first place.

Think before posting, please; you might shed the reputation as a bumbling
nitwit if you did.

You are an idiot and however you manged to get a PhD really makes me wonder.
Was it a PhD in playschool? Did you figure out which holes to put the
different shapes in?

--
Dan Holdsworth PhD
By caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, By the beans of Java