Old March 28th 08, 10:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Boltar Boltar is offline

Default Heathrow's new Terminal 5 opens today

On Mar 27, 9:46 pm, Roland Perry wrote:
Moscow metro's longest escalator is 126 m (Park Pobedy), apparently
[wikipedia]. More than twice the Angel. A different source says the
Ukraine has the longest escalator at 87m.

Theres a couple of stations on the Kiev metro (Dnipra, Arsenelna) that
are seriously deep because they're in the side of a cliff with 2 sets
of escalators to go down, both probably longer than Angel though thats
a guess on my part just based on what I saw. I've been told they were
designed as nuclear bunkers. They're certainly very impressive to look
at.

B2003