Old March 28th 08, 11:23 AM posted to misc.transport.urban-transit,uk.railway,uk.transport.london
John B John B is offline

Default Crossrail could bankrupt London - says Ken Livingstone

On 28 Mar, 01:24, Tom Anderson wrote:
Oddly enough, I've just successfully purchased six months' supply of
contact lenses [at 1/3 of UK opticians' prices for the same brand made
in the same US factory. Can we wind up that cartel next please?], some
groceries and toiletries, and a toasted sandwich - all from people who
speak Turkish and no English.

What was in the sandwich?

Indeterminate meat.

Hang on. Istanbul. 'Toasted sandwich'. Indeterminate meat.

Own up John, it was a kebab, wasn't it?

Yes, -ish. Although it wasn't a doner, and it came in a bread roll
rather than a pitta...

--
John Band
john at johnband dot org