Old March 28th 08, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Sargeant Rutter Sargeant Rutter is offline

Default Piccadilly line this morning

"James Farrar" wrote in message
Anyone know what caused the westbound Piccadilly line to be so bad
this morning? It took me nearly an hour and a half from Turnpike Lane
to Northfields starting just before 10am.

I know part of the delay was caused by a passenger alarm that caused
the train to stop about half a car short of the normal stopping point,
and that took more than 5 minutes to be resolved, but even after that
it was very slow... and the driver kept making announcements about
disruption to the eastbound service, which confused me!

I believe a train caught fire at Wood Green eastbound about that time. This
in turn suspended the eastbound line.
Trains were terminating at Kings X and Hyde Pk Cnr so they were most
probably in the wrong place for the drivers relief.