Old November 17th 03, 09:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mait001 Mait001 is offline

Default The UK march agaimst Bush

Why do you say this is untrue: do you want me to provide you with all
of Chelsea's home matches and extra matches when there's an "away"
draw?

Why do I say it is untrue you ask, perhaps because it is false.

Are you telling me that Chelsea DO NOT play "at home" at least once a
fortnight? I have lived in this house for 38 years, and KNOW that what I am
writing is true.

As for not being able to leave home when there's a "home" match - how
dare you have the temerity to suggest that I cannot leave my home. If
the streets are gridlocked, I cannot drive anywhere, and public
transport is also gridlocked. True, I might be able to go for a walk
to look at all the football suppprters in their hordes, but I have
rather more important things to do with my time.

How dare I? Perhaps again because what you said was false.

Are you telling me that I CAN drive or catch a bus from where I live when
Chelsea play at home?

Your arrogance in accusing me of lying is verging on the offensive.

The three "lies" you have quoted are not lies, but even if they were,
this hardly comes within the definition of "lied often in this thread
already", or are there other "lies" which you are too bashful to
quote?

How many proven lies does a witness need to make before they are deemed
unreliable, one?

Now you change the goalposts: being unable to substantiate your slur, that I
"lied often in this thread already", you now seek to suggest that only one lie
matters. When confronted with the emptiness of your own assertion, you then
just move on to another one, ignoring your error. Nice student union debating
tactic, but wholly worthless.

Marc.