Old March 28th 08, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Michael R N Dolbear Michael R N Dolbear is offline

Default Validity of Local Authority "Over 60s" free bus passes ?

wrote

Greetings all.
My father got his free Local Authority bus pass through the post just
the other day. Previously it was only valid on local buses in our
district but I hear that is will now be valid on all local buses
throughout England. Even though he lives in Bucks does this mean his
pass will be valid on London ( TFL) buses as well ?

Yes.

"all local buses in England from 1st April"

So all cross boundary buses too, eg all Kingston to Staines buses, TFL
or not.

There have been newspaper advertisments and leaflets and indeed
information on local council web sites.

http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/

A leaflet from my local council (Borough of Elmbridge, Surrey) notes
that all English passes, not just the London Freedom passes, will be
accepted on London buses from 09:00 Mon-Fri rather than the 09:30 which
is the national standard. Also 09:00 in Woking, Elmbridge, Epsom &
Ewell and Mole Valley Districts.

--
Mike D

--