Old March 28th 08, 10:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Validity of Local Authority "Over 60s" free bus passes ?

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

wrote:
Greetings all.
My father got his free Local Authority bus pass through the post
just the other day. Previously it was only valid on local buses in
our district but I hear that is will now be valid on all local buses
throughout England. Even though he lives in Bucks does this mean his
pass will be valid on London ( TFL) buses as well ?

Yes, from 1st April. Only on buses, though, not on the
Underground, DLR, Trams etc.

Are you sure about trams? They use Bus Zones.

Bus Zones in London haven't existed since 2004.

The info on the national bus pass scheme at direct.gov.uk says that it gives
free travel on local buses only. "Local authorities will still be able to
offer further benefits *to their residents*, but these will only apply for
travel in the local area and not anywhere in England." I haven't seen
anything on the TfL site about the national scheme, so I'm assuming that the
"bus only" rule applies to non-London residents.

--
Richard J.