Old March 29th 08, 08:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
MarkVarley - MVP MarkVarley - MVP is offline

Default Piccadilly line this morning

On Fri, 28 Mar 2008 23:55:30 GMT, wrote this
gibberish:

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
news
Sorry for tagging onto this but I don't see Mr Boltar's posts anymore (as
it helps my blood pressure!) but he's wrong.

A PEA activation applies emergency brakes. There is an override, but the
brakes do apply in the first instance.

Does it apply the emergency brakes only when a train is still in the station
or between stations as well? I'm surprised to hear that a PEA activation can
cause a train to go into emergency as I thought TfL had elminiated this
because it is much more difficult to actually get to or from the train if
between stations.

I've seen notices that imply this, perhaps the train knows when it's
physically in a station and is automatic until it leaves.

--
Mark.
www.MarkVarleyPhoto.co.uk