Old March 29th 08, 10:06 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Richard J.[_2_] Richard J.[_2_] is offline

Default Validity of Local Authority "Over 60s" free bus passes ?

Stephen Farrow wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote:

Trams like Croydon, Midland Metro, Manchester Metrolink, T&W Metro
and so on seem unlikely to me to accept them.

In Greater Manchester, the over-60s travel pass is certainly accepted
on Metrolink, as well as on trains within the GMPTE area.

Yes, but surely that's only for Greater Manchester over-60s? Just like the
Freedom Pass in London. The issue we were discussing was whether non-local
over-60s can get free travel on anything other than buses. The answer seems
to be no.
--
Richard J.