Old March 29th 08, 10:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Validity of Local Authority "Over 60s" free bus passes ?

"Ian Jelf" wrote in message

Yes, the passes are only obliged to be accepted on buses and not on other
services.

However, when Mum's arrived a couple of weeks ago the (Centro) paperwork
accompanying it said in response to a Q&A about availability on trams and
Metro services elsewhere that it *might * be made available and to "check
locally".

Trams like Croydon, Midland Metro, Manchester Metrolink, T&W Metro and so
on seem unlikely to me to accept them. The one place I thought *might*
bend that rule would be Blackpool, where the tram is (forgive me for
this!) more of a "bus on rails". But it remains to be seen.

Anyway, I was surprised about the Centro answer; I thought it would be a
blanket "no".

Nexus (T&W PTE) have a scheme where residents eligible for an over 60 or
Disabled national bus pass can have Metro & Rail travel for £12 per annum.
Seems a reasonable sum to cover the admin costs...

Paul