Old March 29th 08, 10:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Validity of Local Authority "Over 60s" free bus passes ?

"Richard J." wrote in message
.. .
Stephen Farrow wrote:
Ian Jelf wrote:

Trams like Croydon, Midland Metro, Manchester Metrolink, T&W Metro
and so on seem unlikely to me to accept them.

In Greater Manchester, the over-60s travel pass is certainly accepted
on Metrolink, as well as on trains within the GMPTE area.

Yes, but surely that's only for Greater Manchester over-60s? Just like
the Freedom Pass in London. The issue we were discussing was whether
non-local over-60s can get free travel on anything other than buses. The
answer seems to be no.

In fact, the OP's concern was simply whether or not 'throughout England'
included London...

Paul S