Old March 29th 08, 06:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Piccadilly line this morning

On Sat, 29 Mar 2008, chunky munky wrote:

On Mar 29, 10:19 am, wrote:
"MarkVarley - MVP" wrote in messagenews:1i3su3l4mnujt4fomcdclu3mvanq5rpum4@4ax .com...

I've seen notices that imply this, perhaps the train knows when it's
physically in a station and is automatic until it leaves.

Perhaps that is the case as some models of trains have a pretty fast pick up
and perhaps the driver won't be able to react quickly enough to an alarm if
part of the train is still in the station.

I'm sure that it's quite easy for a train to tell if it is still in the
platform.

Blimey, how high tech do you think the tube is! :-)

The Victoria line can do it, can't it? I'm sure if read that it will do
exactly that stop-only-if-in-a-station behaviour. I assume other ATO lines
will do it, but i won't be surprised to hear that the manual lines don't.

tom

--
It's not even just bad. It's Waterworld bad, it's Iraq-occupation bad,
it's '62 Mets bad. -- robotslave