Old March 29th 08, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Piccadilly line this morning

On 29 Mar, 17:59, wrote:
Blimey, how high tech do you think the tube is! :-)

Not sure, really, but I do think that it's not doing too badly if doors
won't open if the train is not properly berthed at the platform.

They do indeed detect whether the train is in the right place to open
the doors, but not whether any part of the train is still in the
platform, which is what the countdown markers are for.

"chunky munky" wrote in message
On some line, I believe the Jubilee to be one, the train brake will
not apply if the alarm is acknowledged, and then some lines have the
benefit of knowing what car the alarm has been operated in, so station
staff can get to the operated alarm quicker, plus some also have a
talkback so the train operator can talk with the person who has
operated, to gleam further information.

I think it's trains with talkback that don't have automatic brake
operation.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London