Old April 1st 08, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Credit Cards

Mizter T (Mizter T ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

I strongly suspect he is referring to UK Switch (now branded Maestro)
cards which until very recently were issued with (I think) a 19 digit
principal number. UK issued Maestro cards are now being switched over to
the 16 digit standard.

My UK Maestro-branded debit card (expires late 2010, issued last year
IIRC) is on 19 digits.

I can't remember the details but this has caused a number of problems -
I think it was that holders of the old-standard UK Maestro cards could
run into trouble using them abroad.

I know I have in the past, but it's not exactly a Maestro-standard thing.
We got the third degree in a Carrefour trying to use a UK Visa card over
Easter... And don't even go near French automated petrol pumps... groan