Old April 1st 08, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Credit Cards

Mizter T (Mizter T ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

Credit card. A couple of 'em, in fact - one UK Visa, one UK M/card. It
wasn't a _card_ issue so much as a policy issue. We were asked if they
were foreign cards - store security were called over to examine the
cards, our IDs and give an OK.

OK, that makes a bit more sense - even though it sounds a bit of a silly
policy. Then again perhaps this store had had several problems with
fraud and non-French credit/debit cards.

Mebbe. It must cause 'em plenty of hassle, though - it was a _huge_
store, right on an Autoroute junction in Reims, so well on the tourist
trail. Never had it in other supermarkets in France, small or large, more
or less on the foreigner routes.

I'd have been a bit stuffed in a similar situation - I don't normally
carry around any specific ID documentation (driving licence, passport)
on my person.

pats photocard driving licence fondly