Old April 1st 08, 10:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default More Overground trains

On 1 Apr, 22:43, Paul Corfield wrote:

Seems like TfL have exercised all their options for Class 378s with
another 7 ordered.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7821.aspx

No idea how that relates to the "1300 extra carriages" but a 7-8 min
service on the core section of the NLL will be a pretty impressive
frequency.

Excellent news, though to be honest given both the great popularity of
the NLL route and the copious potential for attracting more custom -
or indeed, perhaps I should say the significant level of currently
suppressed demand - I don't think this is anything more than what is
justified for the NLL.

The irrepressible Mr Thant has had a tip off about the new NLL service
patterns and shares his discoveries with us grateful mortals here on
this blog post:
http://londonconnections.blogspot.co...e-upgrade.html

Though whether the freight trains traversing the NLL are going to stop
failing so as to enable this frequency to be delivered is another
question! I dare say TfL is already piling the pressure on EWS, GBRf
et al to try and ensure their trains don't break down and cause log
jams.