Old April 2nd 08, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default More Overground trains

Recliner wrote:
"Paul Corfield" wrote in message

Seems like TfL have exercised all their options for Class 378s with
another 7 ordered.

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/corporate/medi...ntre/7821.aspx

I notice that these trains will have "state-of-the-art heating and
air-conditioning systems, look and feel of Tube trains and be
walk-through, without doors between carriages", which sounds just like
the new S Stock trains. Are there any other similarities? I know these
trains are shorter (4 vs 7/8 carriages), but they sound quite similar
in other respects, including where they're being built.

I think the main similarities will be in the passenger information systems,
line coloured grab rails, longitudinal seating, strip line diagrams, central
area tube maps and alll the other stuff stuck on the bulkheads of existing
surface stock.

Someone posted a link to a TfL document defining the internal appearance of
the trains a while back, unfortunately it isn't easily found on the TfL
downloads website, as its not linked to anywhere. As usual.

Paul