Old April 2nd 08, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Which rate is correct?

In article ,
(Barry Salter) wrote:

Colin Rosenstiel wrote:
According to the National Rail journey planner web site a
Cambridge-King's Cross CDR with a Family Railcard is £11.90 for the
adult and £1 for the child. At Cambridge this morning National
Express insisted the child fare was £2. I can't get the online
system to offer that child fare.

Looking on the Chiltern-branded version of trainline.com, I also
find it as £11.90 Adult, £1.00 Child.

Working out the discount using a calculator, however, gives a Child
fare of £3.45.

TBH, that's what I was expecting originally but no-one was charging that
for any CDR fare.

Doing some digging reveals that First Capital Connect offer an
accompanied Child Flat Fare of £2.00, so that would seem to be the
correct fare, but I'm guessing the journey planner is mistakenly
discounting it.

HTH,

Dergh! How do I work that one out then?

--