Old April 2nd 08, 10:25 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Crossrail could bankrupt London - says Ken Livingstone

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Mr Thant wrote:

On 2 Apr, 15:09, Tom Anderson wrote:

Has anyone proposed a flyover somewhere that would allow them to get on to
the through lines without conflicts? I know there are all sorts of planned
bits of infrastructure down there, and i can't keep track of them.

Only two that I know of:
- A flyover just east of London Bridge allowing trains from points
south towards Thameslink can cross over trains from points east to
Charing Cross (not sure exactly which lines)
- Doubling "Tanners Hill flydown", which is a flying junction just
west of Lewisham. Again, not sure exactly which trains make use of it.

Yeah. I think this lets trains coming from LB on the SE main line fasts
get into Lewisham's Hither Green-bound platforms without conflicting with
trains coming the other way. But as you say, why? Is there some kind of
Hayes / Lee / Orpington slow service that runs into LB on the fasts for
some reason?

Anyway, neither of these do anything for Sutton loop trains wanting to go
to St Albans.

Maybe that's where the Bakerloo should go to the south ...

tom

--
We don't contact anybody or seek anybody's permission for what we do. Even
if it's impersonating postal employees. -- Birdstuff