Old April 5th 08, 11:31 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway
Tom Anderson Tom Anderson is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link hits the sidings

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008, Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

In article , Tom Anderson
writes
And while rowlanding, i noticed yet another branch of that, coming off the
main line to Ricky he

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=51.6...=UTF8&t=h&z=16

And heading north. I saw a mention of a branch that was built to the
Croxley printworks - is this it?

That's the paper mill, not the print works. The mill was located roughly
where the end of Byewaters is, just east of the lock on the canal (it was a
regular walk in my youth).

Is this by any chance why there's a Caxton Way in the nearby industrial
estate? I assume it's why there's a Mill Lane running from Croxley Met to
the lock you mention.

Seems a bit mad that this railway built two separate branches that went to
almost the same place. No wonder they went bust.

This wasn't a passenger branch, it was a normal goods siding off the Ricky
line.

Ah, fair enough. I suppose even the 1 km from Croxley Green station (or a
notional goods siding on the Rickmansworth branch) to the mill would have
been too much for big deliveries of rags etc.

tom

--
BUTTS LOL