Old April 5th 08, 02:52 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway,misc.transport.urban-transit
Jason Fisher[_2_] Jason Fisher[_2_] is offline

Default Croxley Rail Link hits the sidings

Watford Junction will not even have that according to the draft timetable.
Just one Birmingham train an hour and the stopping train to Crewe via Stoke.
If I still lived in the area, I would be protesting about that.

PS only Uxbridge met line trains go to Euston Square at off peak times. All
others terminate at Baker Street.

"Neil Williams" wrote in message
On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 10:34:40 -0700 (PDT), Adrian
wrote:

It will allow a large chunk of "Metroland" access to mainline services
without going by way of London Euston.

Access to very limited mainline services after the next timetable
change, i.e. one Manchester and one Birmingham an hour, as I recall,
and because it's not the terminus less choice of seats.

I think most would continue to go via Euston, especially given that
all of them[1] have a direct train to Euston Square whereas only some
will have one to Watford.

[1] OK, except Chesham...

Neil

--