Old April 6th 08, 11:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Chris Hansen Chris Hansen is offline

Default StP retail fit-out - still a work in progress

On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:22:02 +0100, David Cantrell
wrote:

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 08:28:30PM +0100, tim (not at home) wrote:

but why would someone buy a posh shirt whilst waiting for a train?

For the same reason as they might buy a posh shirt at an airport. Or
indeed buy a posh shirt anywhere else. Because they're over-paid and
under-brained.

Well, perhaps I was underbrained and overpaid, but a few years ago I got an
emergency call for a training gig in Wales. I packed quite quickly, went to
Paddington, and discovered that I had forgotten to pack my shirts. A quick
visit to the shirt shop, and I was OK.

I don't know whether that kind of custom can keep a shirt shop open, but there
you have it.

It makes sense to sell food, drinks, newspapers, books and magazines at
a station. It don't make sense to sell anything else, as can be seen by
the fairly fast turnover of shops trying to sell anything else.

--
Chris Hansen | chrishansenhome at btinternet dot com

Kevin: "I'm a atheist and I don't want a pervy priest saying any last rites
over me!"
Bob: "Cross-posting top-posters go straight to hell anyway ..."
from alt.obituaries