Old April 7th 08, 04:33 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Oyster Extension to Watford Jn

wrote:
Where exactly are you touching in or out during all this? It sounds
like you're being issued the £3 unresolved journey penalty fare for
not touching in.

--http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London

I'm touching in at Gunnersbury, taking the London Overground to
Willesden (on my Oyster Z2-3 weekly travelcard) and from there to
Watford Jn where I touch out.

I am no expert, but the Euston Watford local fares are explained as a
special case applicable to the former DC lines route only. So unless you
touch in for PAYG at Willesden Junction, how does the Oyster computer decide
where you started the PAYG leg? Clearly Willesden Junction is the likely
change point, but it may not be programmed to assume that.

I'd suggest see what happens with an additional touch in at Willesden J.

Paul