Old April 7th 08, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Oyster Extension to Watford Jn

On 7 Apr, 17:33, "Paul Scott" wrote:

wrote:
Where exactly are you touching in or out during all this? It sounds
like you're being issued the £3 unresolved journey penalty fare for
not touching in.

I'm touching in at Gunnersbury, taking the London Overground to
Willesden (on my Oyster Z2-3 weekly travelcard) and from there to
Watford Jn where I touch out.

I am no expert, but the Euston Watford local fares are explained as a
special case applicable to the former DC lines route only. So unless you
touch in for PAYG at Willesden Junction, how does the Oyster computer decide
where you started the PAYG leg? Clearly Willesden Junction is the likely
change point, but it may not be programmed to assume that.

I agree with that analysis - the thing is that it just isn't very
logical to do this journey via any other route.

I'd suggest see what happens with an additional touch in at Willesden J.

Though I'm not sure if there are any standalone Oyster readers (for
interchanging passengers) at Willesden Jn any more, given that any
such passengers would likely be coming off the NLL or WLL which now
also accept Oyster PAYG.

However if there are then I'd definitely suggest trying it, as it
won't do any harm - given that the Oyster card also holds a Travelcard
then the unresolved journey 'penalty' certainly shouldn't be charged
for any extra validations at Willesden Jn (given that it is within
zone 3, which is covered by the Travelcard in question).