Old April 8th 08, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london
[email protected][_2_] google@woodall.me.uk[_2_] is offline

Default Oyster Extension to Watford Jn

On Apr 7, 6:16 pm, Mizter T wrote:
On 7 Apr, 17:10, " wrote:
The unresolved journey would be 5GBP.

Yes and no. The max cash fare 'penalty' for unresolved journeys is £4,
except where one has passed through a National Rail terminus stations
such as Euston, Liverpool St or Marylebone where it is £5.

I was going to say that includes Watford Junction as well. But
thinking again, the three unresolved Journeys I know of were all a
failure at Watford Junction in a Euston-Watford Journey.

The entry at Watford Junction at peak times debits 5GBP - which
actually means that the 08:06 (assuming it still goes to platform 17
or one of those anyway) would be cheaper if you don't touch out. (and
probably illegal)

However I've also noticed that off peak entry at Watford Junction
debits 3GBP with no adjustment at Euston while off peak entry at
Euston debits 5GBP with a 2GBP correction at Watford Junction.

07/04/08 08:18 Euston NR Exit £0.50
07:55 Watford Junction Entry - £5.00
06/04/08 16:08 Watford Junction Exit £2.00
15:20 Euston NR Entry - £5.00
12:54 Euston NR Exit £0.00
12:17 Watford Junction Entry - £3.00

So you are probably correct.

Hmmm. And something has gone wrong with the manual gate oyster reader
at Watford Junction (it was turned off on Sunday, yesterday and today,
so I've been having to open one of the automatic gates and then take
my bike through the manual gate) - I've also only got Euston NR entry
and exit for 03/04 and 04/04 although the total does look correct.

Tim.