Old April 9th 08, 05:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Capt. Deltic Capt. Deltic is offline

Default Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

On 9 Apr, 14:57, EE507 wrote:
On Apr 9, 11:48*am, wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/5asy9b
http://tinyurl.com/5deoog

I love the fact that at the end of a highly detailed, demanding
technical specification for a train that is meant to be suitable for
metro-style ATO as well as Kings Lynn to Eastbourne runs, there is the
following:

"Maintenance downtimes must be significantly reduced from the current
increasing trend that has arisen due to unnecessary sophistication".

Look, I've been out all day wandering round Longsight (tough job, but
someone has to do it, cracking story to come) and I find someone is
pinching my jokes.

In the Laughing Stock Plan DfT said

The completion of the Thameslink Programme KO2 in 2015 requires the
introduction of up to 1300 new vehicles.

So that's the starting point. I think we will find that the new
Director Technical & Professional will kick things like 32 tonne axle
loads into the weeds.

Analysis starts tomoirrow.