Old April 9th 08, 06:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
James Farrar James Farrar is offline

Default What is the Life of a Bank of Escalators?

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 04:13:34 -0700 (PDT), MIG
wrote:

In all the uproar about Bank (I've done a lot of the roaring up), one
question has been niggling away at the back of my mind all along.

That is that the escalators currently being worked on, which are
supposedly at the end of their life, can't have been in use for more
than 17 years (since the DLR extension to Bank opened).

Well, there were escalator works at London Bridge within five years of
installation (escalators to Jubilee line).