Old April 9th 08, 08:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default What is the Life of a Bank of Escalators?

On 9 Apr, 21:19, Mr Thant
wrote:

On 9 Apr, 12:13, MIG wrote:

In all the uproar about Bank (I've done a lot of the roaring up), one
question has been niggling away at the back of my mind all along.

The Shepherd's Bush factsheet says the escalators being replaced were
installed in the 1920s:http://www.tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloa...fact_sheet.pdf

It seems like modern ones aren't much cop, or at least the ones TfL/
LRT/whoever bought aren't.

The escalators being replaced were installed as part of the DLR
extension to Bank. Perhaps the budget for said extension might have
been somewhat stretched, so the chosen escalators weren't that great?