Old April 9th 08, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Recliner Recliner is offline

Default 2009 Stock loading gauge

"Mizter T" wrote in message

Anyway the later pages of this thread on District Dave suggests that
the Vic line stock will be delivered by rail to Ruislip depot and will
then run via the Metropolitan and Piccadilly lines to reach the
Victoria line, and also that there have already been gauging test runs
to determine if this route will be possible (see in particular the
third post down by 'towerman'):

http://districtdave.proboards39.com/...976388&page=10

So if this goes to plan the trains might not be able to run on other
tube lines in service (though really why would they need to?) but it
will be possible to move them by rail on and off the network.

Isn't it already increasingly the case that stocks can only work on
their 'home' lines? For example, I think the 1992 stock can't be used
on any but the central lines and vice versa. I know the 1995 and 1996
stocks aren't compatible, though I don't know if they could work on each
other's lines. Apart from the physical dimensions, the signalling isn't
mutually compatible.

But at least the S stock will be the first sub-surface stock in a long
time that can work on any of the sub-surface lines (though the 8-car Met
trains won't fit into some Circle line platforms).