Old April 10th 08, 06:17 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

In message , at 20:59:17 on
Wed, 9 Apr 2008, Sky Rider remarked:
Do you think that'll involve giving the whole Hitchin-Cambridge route
the chop (from Thameslink)?

The ECML (Phase 2) option is currently set at 55 vehicles. While I am
not au fait with the frequencies of the various FCC GN routes I think
55 vehicles would only cover the King's Lynn (via Cambridge) fasts and
not the Cambridge semi-fasts etc.

There's only one Kings Lynn fast per hour, and currently it splits at
Cambridge so that only 4 cars go further north (partly problems with
power supply, as well as customer demand).