Old April 10th 08, 07:38 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

On Apr 9, 8:50*pm, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

EE507 wrote:
Kings Lynn to Eastbourne runs

The SL RUS has led to what appears to be a more compact Thameslink network

I suspect the 'public' shortening of the routes north of the Thames can only
be a matter of time

And somehting I think is for the better - the core TL route through
central London is too valuable a part of underground / overground /
tube / metro / whatever-you-wish-to-call-it to be anything else than a
high capacity all trains stopp all stations section.

I'm not against RER type systems but London needs a new north-south
route with unrestricted double deck loading gauge not a twiddling of
an existing route that is gauge limited in the middle and access
constrained [even after the works] at both throats of the core
section.

--
Nick