Old November 19th 03, 12:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Robin May Robin May is offline

Default East London Line Extensions

Dave Arquati wrote the following in:

CJC wrote:
I thought the ELL was going to become part of NR and was planned
as a new freight route as well. I'd guess they'll keep it on the
tube map like they have the NLL on.

It's set to become part of a new Orbirail franchise, along with
the NLL, WLL and Goblin AFAIK. I'm not sure whether they have
plans to use it for freight - I'd guess they'd want to limit
freight since it can easily disrupt passenger services, and the
frequency on the core section will be increased once the
extensions are running.

Is there any plan to increase train frequencies on the NLL? It's true
that it doesn't have all that many passengers, but I think that's
partly because you can't just turn up and go. There's only 2 or 4
trains an hour and they're often delayed. I'd probably use it more
often if I could rely on getting a train without having to wait for
ages.

--
message by Robin May, but you can call me Mr Smith.
Hello. I'm one of those "roaring fascists of the left wing".

Then and than are different words!