Old April 10th 08, 10:14 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

On Apr 10, 10:34*am, "Paul Scott"
wrote:

Did you notice the bit in the 'Rolling Stock high level spec' that calls for
full ATO for the core route?

As ATO, signals and signals control systems, headways and capacity are
something I am now involved with professionally, I can't see any
alternative to meet the long term tph targets they are aiming at.

Is that a first for main line commuter stock -

In UK yes - but isn't part of RER through central Paris on some kind
of ATO ?

degraded mode

Degraded modes are part of the specifications of all ATO systems.

~ The capability to move a short distance without the traction supply being
present;"

Where is Sir Isaac Newton ?

--
Nick