Old November 19th 03, 01:02 AM posted to uk.transport.london
g.harman g.harman is offline

Default Richmond Station Car Park on a Sunday

On 18 Nov 2003 13:27:54 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

One Sunday I'm planning on coming into the West End from Hampshire and
want to park and ride.

Would parking at Richmond (4 miles from the end of the M3) and getting
the tube/train be the best option? Does the car park at Richmond
normally have spaces on a Sunday?

Many thanks.

Admittedly it was four years ago and things may have changed.
Also travelling from Hampshire I had to be around the Tower bridge
Area for 9 am on an October Sunday which ruled out the train.
I expected to pay a large fee for parking but found that area was
practically empty and the car park charges reflected this.It was about
£2 or £3 for all day. The Traffic was light too and I had no trouble
making my way from the end of M3.
Okay TBridge is not the West End but its probably quicker than from
Richmond along the District line.
London can be a very different place on a Sunday when the work force
is at home in Metroland or Haywards Heath .
Not having cause to drive in london since I have no idea where the
congestion charge Zone boundary is and whether it would affect the
journey.

G.Harman