Old April 10th 08, 11:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
[email protected] grid56126@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

On 10 Apr, 08:53, D7666 wrote:

I'd have thought going the other way - to *shorter* but articlulated
cars might be better.

--
Nick

As in class 424 / 425 in Germany ? Internal shots showing lack of
corridor connections and spaciousness that might help meet the dwell
times.

http://richard-howe.fotopic.net/p15309894.html
and
http://richard-howe.fotopic.net/p15309867.html

2 and 4 car variants together shows the length of vehicle and door
spacing.
http://richard-howe.fotopic.net/p15309892.html

The seats are a tad "metro" and our loading guage would obviously make
then less generous of width. I have travelled on a couple of these on
journeys over an hour and they were actually rather comfy and the
window views were equivalent to their english desiro cousins.

Not sure if we would get away with the look ahead view like they do
though !

Richard