Old April 10th 08, 11:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default 2009 Stock loading gauge

On 10 Apr, 12:23, "John Rowland"
wrote:

chunky munky wrote:

Trials were carried out a few months back after close of traffic with
a 67TS with polystyrene strips on running on the Piccadilly to
Finsbury Park Victoria. I don't know the outcome though!

How primitive. Just because a train fits through once doesn't mean it will
fit through every time, especially with varying numbers of passengers in
varying distributions, and the new trains will have different suspension to
the old ones anyway. Has LU not heard of lasers and proximity sensors and
computer modelling?

These trials were to determine whether the 09TS would fit through the
Piccadilly tubes *not-in-service* - i.e. for the purpose of the new
trains being delivered.

Regarding computer modelling - I'm sure the people on the ground would
want to actually see a gauging trial run successful completed in
reality. Models are models and aren't the real thing.