Old April 10th 08, 12:20 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
D7666 D7666 is offline

Default Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

On Apr 10, 12:27*pm, wrote:

As in class 424 / 425 in Germany ?

Yep more or less - the S-bahn version 423 is a 4car unit on 5 bogies.

Each 423 is the same length as the older 3car 420 they replaced. 423
have 3 door apertures per side, 420 4, so it all balances out.

Internal shots showing lack of
corridor connections and spaciousness that might help meet the dwell
times.

Indeed.

When I boarded one first immediate reaction was ''WTF is this'' but
very soon go used to them. They are what the UK should have been
getting when we were at least looking at 376s, if not before then, as
423 etc are something like 10+ years old design now.

Not sure if we would get away with the look ahead view like they do
though !

Probably not.

--
Nick