Old April 10th 08, 08:53 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Paul Scott Paul Scott is offline

Default Lords Cricket Ground disused tunnel

MIG wrote:
On Apr 10, 9:15 pm, Tom Anderson wrote:

Completely random question, but where do the Chiltern and
Metropolitan alignments separate?

As far as I can see, they emerge from tunnel under Lodge Road, then
cross the canal on separate, slightly diverging bridges, and then go
either side of buildings south of the canal.

So, roughly where they cross the canal.

Looking at Google Earth there seems to be a disused bridge between the two
routes that appears to be aligned with the Met lines and the NR tunnel
mouth - was this ever used? The formation at either end of the present
Chiltern tracks appears wide enough for at least 4 tracks - I'll have to
have a look and see what's visible from the train in due course...

Paul S