Old April 10th 08, 10:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Thameslink NGEMU procurement - now in motion

On 10 Apr, 22:33, (Colin Rosenstiel) wrote:
I believe there is enough evidence in the public domain to strike
both Kings Lynn and Eastbourne from the route, namely the recent
discovery of Kings Lynn in the IEP programme, and the dissapearance
of places like Eastbourne and Littlehampton from the Thameslink
final route maps in the more recent South London RUS...

IEPs on the Cambridge fasts then?

It's looking likely. The South London RUS saw a major contraction in
the route map at the south end to inner-ish suburban, and there's also
been a recent disappearance of 2 ECML trains per hour from the final
MML/ECML split (was 14/10, now 16/8).

The old plan would have made poor use of King's Cross, leaving it half-
empty just as its redevelopment was complete. Although I don't know
what use the suburban shed will be post 2015.

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London