Old April 10th 08, 11:29 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london,misc.transport.urban-transit
Adrian Adrian is offline

Default Lords Cricket Ground disused tunnel

On Apr 10, 4:09*pm, "Peter Masson" wrote:
"Adrian" wrote

At one point the Met. considered building a mainline size tube to link
their "Main Line" to Edgware Road Station.

and Watkin considered a spur from the GC to the Circle Line - he intended
this to be used by his through expresses from Manchester to Paris via the
W**dh**d and C*****l Tunnels.

Peter

Watkin certainly did. I guess that would have been as an alternative
to utilizing Baker Street.

In the event it is just as well he didn't. I mean without W**dh**d
where could we keep the Str*t*g*c R*s*rv*? :-)

Adrian