Old April 11th 08, 03:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Roland Perry Roland Perry is offline

Default OT - BA postpones long-haul move to T5

In message
, at
07:19:10 on Fri, 11 Apr 2008, allan tracy
remarked:

"British Airways has delayed moving most of its long-haul flights to
Heathrow's new Terminal 5 until June.

Sixty arrivals and 60 departures per day were due to be moved."

Oh dear there's currently a minimum connection time of 1 hour for BA
flights, having to transfer from terminal 4 to terminal 5 has blown
that. This is going to add several hours to many BA journeys.

And this is, of course, why BA couldn't have moved flights piecemeal
across to T5, to ramp it up slowly, as some have suggested. It makes a
mockery of predicting transfer times.

What remains of all those loyal BA customers from places like
Manchester and Edinburgh that use Heathrow to connect into long haul
will have to switch to the foreign airlines now,

Only for a couple of months, and only if they have a connection that's
too tight. But it will affect some passengers I'm sure.

just like those of us from Birmingham did years ago.

BTDTGTTS

The thing is how can they justify having twice the management other
airlines seem to cope without after this cock up?

I saw a comment that this cockup might be "terminal" for the career
prospects of some of those managers. They can always get a job with
Network Rail at Rugby.