Old November 19th 03, 12:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Nick H (UK) Nick H (UK) is offline

Default Richmond Station Car Park on a Sunday

Mike Harrison wrote:
On 18 Nov 2003 13:27:54 -0800, (Mark) wrote:

One Sunday I'm planning on coming into the West End from Hampshire and
want to park and ride.

Would parking at Richmond (4 miles from the end of the M3) and getting
the tube/train be the best option? Does the car park at Richmond
normally have spaces on a Sunday?

Many thanks.

You might find it just as easy to drive all the way in - West End parking on a Sunday should not be
much of a problem, and mostly free.

The last time I tried it I swore never to do it again:-( I was meeting
someone in Chinatown and ended up in a horrifically expensive NCP.
There was very little west end traffic, but very little parking space.
Not because it was in use, but it has all been yellow-lined or
residents-onlyed to serve the current London anti-car regime.

OTOH I parked easily and free in the Russell Square area on Sunday
evening two weeks ago. Stick to the *edge* of the West end and you
should be OK.

--
Nick H (UK)