Old April 11th 08, 08:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mr Thant Mr Thant is offline

Default Bus Information Signs

On 11 Apr, 19:04, Tom Anderson wrote:
Provided that the bus can get good GPS and GPRS signals. GPS is
notoriously inaccurate in built-up areas, as buildings block lines of
sight to the satellites, and introduce reflections which confuse the
receiver (like ghosting on the telly). I wonder what they're doing to deal
with this?

I've read a TfL paper that I can't find right now that found it to be
surprisingly accurate, something like dead on 98% of the time.
Presumably to do with being aerial mounting a large antenna on the bus
roof where it has a good view of the sky, rather than the tiny
internal one in consumer gear that gets blocked by the car roof.

Is there a way to tell if a bus is using iBus data or Countdown. Have
any iBus-based displays even been deployed yet?

http://londonconnections.blogspot.com/
A blog about transport projects in London