Old November 19th 03, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,alt.2600,sci.crypt
Mike Bristow Mike Bristow is offline

Default Security of Oyster Cards

In article ,
Matthew wrote:
It's difficult to see how something that operates in this way can hope
to replace cash fares, as it is more difficult to charge the card than
to even buy one of the current generation of magnetic cards (bus
passes and travel cards), which are currently available from
newsagents and other retailers, providing a convient service, as well
as revenue source for the retailers.

Pass agents (ie, newsagents where you can buy a travelcard) are
starting to get Oyster card updating hardware, too - the one opposite
Finchley Central station in Station Road has one.

I don't know what features their terminals have.

--
Good night little fishey-wishes.... I've counted you, so no
sneaky eating each other.