Old April 13th 08, 09:05 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
Jonathan Morton Jonathan Morton is offline

Default Lords Cricket Ground disused tunnel

"TheOneKEA" wrote in message

Northolt Junction to West Ruislip would be very easy to restore as
well, and in fact really should have been done a while ago - the
Ruislip branch of the Central Line may benefit from an increased
Chiltern stopping pattern at West Ruislip.

I thought re-instatement of the quadruple track between Northolt Junction
and West Ruislip was supposed to have been done under Evergreen. Was that
dropped in the end? It's not a long section but it would be useful. As
anyone who lives in the Birmingham area will know[1], the provisions of even
short lengths of 4-track helps run a more robust mix of stoppers and fasts
on an essentially 2-track line.

[1] XC and Worcester fasts delayed by cross-city on the west suburban, ditto
south of Longbridge because there is four-tracking but (duh!) the electric
wires are on the fast line (oh, and we've put in a 15 mph turnout from the
down fast to the Barnt Green platforms), ditto at Burton on Trent (four
tracks but the tracks and platforms are all in the wrong place), ditto (in
different ways) Coventry to Brum to Wolves, and Dorridge to Moor Street.

Regards

Jonathan