Old April 15th 08, 04:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Mizter T Mizter T is offline

Default Weds 16 April - last day to register to vote for Mayoral & GLAelections

This is a non-partisan public service announcement.

Any residents of Greater London who, for whatever reason, are not yet
registered to vote and wish to do so in the forthcoming elections for
the Mayor of London and the Greater London Assembly on 1st May "must
register by midnight 16th April 2008"...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/london/content/..._feature.shtml

In practice I'd think this means that anyone wishing to do a last
minute registration needs to visit the office of their borough's
Electoral Registration Officer tomorrow *in person* during their
office opening hours.

Note that as well as British & Commonwealth citizens, as this is a
local election it is also open to citizens of EU member states who
live in Greater London.

More info at the 'London Elects' website he
http://www.londonelects.org.uk/registering_to_vote.aspx

This thread will now descend into partisan bickering... (and I ain't
going to get involved!).